Gluten Free Chai Cookie Recipe
Calories: 80 calories per cookie
Preparation Time: 30-45 minutes
Quantity: Makes around 40-50 small cookies.
Ingredients for Chai Spices
– 1 tbsp of fresh grated ginger
– 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
– 1 tbsp of ground cardamom
– 1 tsp of ground nutmeg
– ½ tsp of ground cloves
– ½ tsp of allspice
Remaining Cookie Ingredients
– 2 ½ cups of gluten free multi-purpose flour
– 1 tsp of baking soda
– 1 pinch of salt
– ½ cup of sliced almonds
– 2 whole eggs
– 1 egg yolk (for later, if you wish to glaze the cookies)
– 2 tbsp of natural vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp of almond extract
– ½ of cup of melted coconut oil
– 1 cup of honey or maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, mix the spices and the dry ingredients together (flour,
baking soda, salt, and almonds).
2. In a second bowl, mix all liquid ingredients with a whisk (2 whole eggs, vanilla, almond extract, and honey/syrup).
3. Incorporate the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, gradually mixing as you combine the two. Cover and refrigerate the cookie mix for a minimum of 30 minutes. For best results let it sit
for an hour.
4. Place wax paper on a pan, and on a clean flat surface pour flour for coating purposes.
Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and take enough dough to form small
round balls with your hand (about the size of a golf ball).
5. Flatten each ball to the thickness of about 5mm or use your creativity to design your
6. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. While waiting for the oven to preheat, use a brush to mix the yolk in a small bowl and
apply a thin layer to the surface of the cookies. (*Optional)
8. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and risen.
**These cookies are great with a latte or a glass of fresh almond milk**
Recipe made with love by Mélanie Dubreuil